You are here
Find out where DC has been in the news this month.
“DC is Open” Coverage
- ‘Hoping that this will end soon’: D.C. tourists, residents find workarounds as shutdown drags on, The Washington Post
- How the shutdown is messing with your great American vacation, CNN.com
- Not everything in DC is closed during the government shutdown: Here's what's still open for business, FOX5
- Smithsonian museums, National Zoo could close if government shutdown continues into 2019, WJLA
- Detours expected on DC’s tourist trail as shutdown affects popular attractions, WTOP
- Government shutdown has minimal impact on National Mall tourists for now, WUSA
- What the Government Shutdown Means for Meetings, Meetings Today
- Which national parks are open during the federal government shutdown?, USA Today
• • •
Travel + Leisure ran a piece that preps visitors for a cherry blossom-themed trip to DC in spring 2019.
Travel + Leisure, Dec. 4: The Best Places to See Cherry Blossoms in 2019 – and When to Plan Your Trip
The Fairmont Washington, D.C., the Willard InterContinental and the St. Regis Washington, D.C. were all featured in USA Today about how hotels celebrate the season.
USA Today, Dec. 17: Here’s how hotels are dressing up for the holidays
DC was featured in a Food & Wine article that details the best dining destinations for 2019.
Food & Wine, Dec. 19: 32 Places To Go (And Eat) in 2019
Both the Conrad – Washington D.C. and the Hamilton Hotel were featured in a Travel + Leisure rundown of major hotels opening around the world in 2019.
Travel + Leisure, Dec. 29: The Best New Hotels to Book Around the World in 2019
• • •
Brasil Travel News ran a piece about touring DC. Members mentioned include Big Bus Washington, DC, Ford’s Theatre and Madame Tussauds.
Brasil Travel News, January 2019 Issue: Loop Por Washington DC
Evening Standard, a major British publication, ran an in-depth piece on the District. Members mentioned include the Watergate Hotel, Union Market, Old Ebbitt Grill, Mi Vida, Bike & Roll DC and The Wharf.
Evening Standard, Jan. 4: How to spend 72 Hours in Washington DC
• • •
DDC and its president and CEO, Elliott Ferguson, were featured in a piece that ran in the December issues of Successful Meetings and Meetings & Conventions.
Northstar Meetings Group, Dec. 3: Why CVBs and DMOs Are Planners’ Perfect Partners
USAE highlighted Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill’s $12,000 grant to DDC’s American Experience Foundation.
USAE, Dec. 10: Photo of the Week
BizBash described DC’s biggest venue openings in 2018.
BizBash, Dec. 28: Best of 2018: 10 Most Notable Washington Venue Openings of 2018
Check out the full Destination DC Member eNews to learn more about what's going on this month.